Wednesday 26 May 2010

Abducted Children

Since 1983 I have been involved in the detection and repatriation of hundreds of distressed children.

Parents and family members can be the most damaging of people a child can come into contact with. I've witnessed babies being held over multi story buildings held from certain death by the strand of a nappy. I've stood back whilst the abductor has screamed and shouted abuse at the child taking out the anger they feel for the absent parent the authorities, and me. They have no concept of the life long damage they are causing. On other occasions I have spent hours talking to a parent holding a child hostage amazed at the cold calm way they justify their 'right' to put the child through a life changing ordeal.

I've been lucky. To date I've not had any case that went to the wire. In the majority of incidents I have managed to negotiate and come away with the child. On the occasional ones where I've not felt it appropriate to force the return I've ensured the child's safety and returned at a later time to bring the matter to a successful conclusion.

No comments:

Post a Comment