Monday 14 June 2010

Kids Need Dads ?

New Fathers 4 Justice staged a demonstrartion outside the home of Huntingdon MP Jonathan Djanogly over the weekend as part of their quest to gain better recognition for fathers trying to get contact to their children.

Dressed in a superhero costume the self appointed spokesman 'Captain Equality' is reported to have threatened the MP with an escalation of the protest "if he fobs us off we will come back and it will not be so humerous next time".

I'm not at all sure that threats of this nature actually help the real issues around father's access to their children.

Over the years I've worked on hundreds of cases involving difficult contact issues. The majority have been father based but not exclusively. I could argue for a Mother's 4 Justice, Grandparents' 4 Justice, Siblings 4 justice, and Parents 4 Justice. All of these have difficult contact issues. The Courts are full to bursting with child contact work.

My honest experieince is that all the professionals involved in child contact do take account of the difficulties for fathers. I don't believe that making veiled threats is a good, constructive ploy. In my opinion all this does is highlight the often misguided belief that the male of the species is angry and violent.

If you think I'm wrong then please feel free to comment www.mychildcontact.com

No comments:

Post a Comment